Can't update my apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boca76, Feb 28, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jun 12, 2009
    Last Friday I wanted to change my Apple ID because I'm getting rid of my old e-mail address. I wanted to use my new address.
    After I tried it I got the message that this was not possible and I thought o.k. who cares I will leave the old one.
    But for some reason I couldn't log into my account anymore and received an error message : Invalid username or password. I tried to recover both but it seemed like my account never existed.
    I contacted Apple support by e-mail last Friday and after that three more times but I didn't get any response from them.
    After not getting any help from support I thought let's recreate my account with the exact same data.
    But after doing that I can't update any of my apps on my iPhone and get the error message : Can't connect to iTunes store.
    The problem is that I have purchased apps worth hundreds of $.
    I'm really ****** off because I don't get any help from Apple support. They are totally unprofessional.
    What can I do to sort my problem ?
  2. macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, you are stuck dealing with iTunes support. BTW, there are other threads, exactly like this one, with users trying to change their iTunes user id to a .me address. Send an email to a certain M.r Jobs at