Cant upload video on YouTube

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Samelson03, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2007
    I posted a thread similar to this but no one helped me. I seem to not be able to upload my video. It says it'll take few minutes I let mine go for like 45 minutes and nothing happened. I tried several browsers. And no luck! help!!!!!
  2. 7masscom macrumors member

Apr 2, 2007

First, make sure the file is under 100mb. Also, make sure the file is one of the following (.mov, .mpg, .wmv, or .avi). Finally, what is your connection speed?

From YouTube...

My upload's been running a long time and hasn't completed. What should I do?

Uploading a video can take several hours, depending on the length of your video and the demand on the servers. If your video upload is taking longer than 24 hours to complete, we recommend canceling the upload, checking the length and settings for your video, and uploading it again.
  3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Dec 7, 2006
    São Paulo
  4. dannyss macrumors member

Nov 25, 2006
    Are you using Safari?
    My brother in law was uploading a video to a site similar to youtube with Safari, never worked.
    I was using Firefox, always worked.
    We couldn't figure out why, until we noticed the different browsers. He got FF, everything worked fine!
  5. AlexisV macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2007
    Manchester, UK
    Works fine on Safari here. What is your file size? 100meg is massive and it's not necessary to have a file that big.
  6. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2007
    Alright, so I made it. Got it uploaded fine then I wake up next morning and it says invalid format. I dont know what format its in, but I made it in iDVD. I'm posting this as we speak at school. I'll try and get a screenshot when i'm at home right away.
  7. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2007
    Figured out what to do. How do I make my video or save it or something?