All iPads Can't view March in my Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by c14nhl, Jan 25, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Strange issue I've came across this evening.

I can view every month in 2013, and in any order, however each time I select March Calendar crashes. I have a Gen 4 iPad. My girlfriend is having the same issue with her 2nd Gen.

Anyone else experiencing this? Found a resolution?

CJ

----------

Issue only seems to happen in "Year" view.

2. macrumors 68000

Sital

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Ah I wasn't aware of that! Thank you for clearing that up. I'll use my iPhone to access my calendar and push all my March appointments to April. That's going to be a busy month for me now.

If anyone has a serious answer or advice of any sort it would be greatly appreciated.

4. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

My March looks ok on iOS 6.0.1 on iPad3.

Do you have an iCloud or local calender ? You could check via web if there is some entry causing the problem.
    Or you get get an additional calender app and see if that behave the same way; and might can use that to clean up entires.

Simple things like restart you tired ?

5. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your iPad heard a rumour it was going to be outdated in March and so has put a kibosh on the whole month.

but yeah works fine here on an iPhone 4S / 5 iPad mini & iPad 3 so I suggest a reset or maybe turn iCloud syncing off and back on for calendar.

6. macrumors newbie

Amazing

I read your post and found it rather strange, so just out of curiosity I tried it on my iPad and it does the same thing!! I tried to trick it by going to the weekly view for March (which works) but when I then tried to opt for the monthly view it crashed. It does this every time. How odd, sorry I don't know what might be causing it or how to resolve it, but I can confirm mine does exactly the same.

7. macrumors 6502a

Delete any events you have on the first of April (no I'm not joking!)

8. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Can you post what iPad, and what iOS version you are running.

OP please do the same.

----------

I have events on the first and still works on my devices. I deleted them and re-added them to see if I can replicate what they are saying is happening and I couldn't. Strange on.

I'm on iOS 6.02 on all my iOS devices.

9. macrumors newbie

Yes, it's an iPad 3 on 6.0.1 - should have thought of including that info in the first place:(

10. macrumors 6502a

Same as me, have you tried what I suggested?

11. macrumors 6502a

A friend of mine has this same problem with his iPad.

12. macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

13. macrumors newbie

I don't have any events for April 1st. The only events that appear there are from subscribed calendars which won't allow deletion. (e.g. UK holidays)

14. macrumors 68000

Sital

Just to follow-up, I tried to recreate this on my iPad 4 (6.0.1) but could not.

15. macrumors 6502a

So what you mean is you do have events there? Just not what you have created. Un select the calendar and try it.

16. macrumors newbie

Ok - I've just tried what you suggested. You're right it does seem to be caused by one of the calendars, I can now view March 2013 IF I deselect the UK holidays calendar. I also have a sun rise/set calendar and March still appears with that calendar left selected. So for me anyway, it seems to be the UK calendar that's caused the issue. I can still view March normally with events showing on April 1st (sun rise/set).

c14nhl's location is Edinburgh, so it looks as though it might be the UK Holidays calendar that's causing this issue for some reason.

Thanks for your suggestion.

17. macrumors demi-god

18. macrumors regular

19. macrumors 6502a

Yes it appears so.

----------

I take it back, it's fine on my iPhone just not on my ipad.