Cant visit Apple.com using Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrzeve, Nov 1, 2005.

1. mrzeve macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Whenever I attempt to use Firefox to visit Apples webpage, all i see is a big black image (this is likely the latest image on Apples main website - showing the latest product, or something) and the rest is a white bg. On the bottom I see the line going across the screen and underneath the Safety recalls and iPod Claims link.

Im on OSX 10.4.3 and using the latest build of Firefox.

I attempted to reinstall Firefox and that didnt work. Also cleared history and cache of Firefox.

Andddd I verifyed and repaired permissions.

Anyone have similar problems or know what to do?

2. nate macrumors member

Um, I don't know. I just tried it on my computer and Apple.com comes up perfectly on Firefox. I have OS 10.4.3 and Firefox 1.07 on a Powerbook.

--nate

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Did you reinstall with the latest version? If no, what version are you running?

4. zach macrumors 65816

zach

really, really weird.

try doing a thorough reinstallation of Firefox (i.e. go hunting through your Library folder for anything related to Firefox, and use Spotlight to find everything else related to it).

that's the only advice i can give you, clearing cache really should have fixed it.

orrr, if you're on a G4, go get the G4 optimized Firefox build. renders pages faster AND it's a new instance of firefox so it should create new caches, history, etc.

5. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep I've tried reinstalling Firefox, but not in the way you described. I guess I'll try that.

And by the way, where can I find that instance of Firefox?

6. JMGvtec03 macrumors member

I have no problems when using a Mac or Pc with apple.com and Firefox... Check for updates maybe??

-JMG-

7. zach macrumors 65816

zach

8. mrzeve thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, update.

I took Zach's advice and deleted everything that spotlight could find and then reinstalled Firefox again.

Seems to have done the trick.

Thanks guys.

9. zach macrumors 65816

zach

no problem. probably was a cache that just doesn't get emptied by the Firefox "clear caches" button.

10. Lazyhound macrumors regular

For future reference, Firefox stores the cache and history in the profile folder, not the app bundle.