Can't wirelessy print

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nuks, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

I set up my macbook for wireless printing (I have an HP Officejet 6110) and when I try to print I get this message:

The process "foomatic-rip" stopped unexpectedly with status 1.

It still says that the status is "printing" but it's going nowhere.

Any help?
    Thanks.

2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

This should be in the Mac Basics And Help or the Mac Peripherals threads for future reference.

Before trying to print wirelessly, try printing wired to the printer to see if it works and if it doesnt, then that is a different problem

3. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I meant to put it in the Basics forum. I'm not sure how to move it there, though.

I am able to print with the printer hooked up to the macbook.

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Then it is something wrong with the wireless which narrows it down alot. Try checking the settings on both the computer and the printer. If you try to print, does the printer respond in anyway at all by lighting up or having the inkjet thing move slightly and try printing from more than one app if these both happen because it could be that (unlikely but possible).

5. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried it with a bunch of different programs, no different.

And I checked the printer while I tried to print, and nothing happened either..

6. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hate to bump threads, but I'd really like to try and get this figured out.

7. Tel macrumors regular

I believe I had this problem at first using an Airport Express, instead of using the same printer profile as before, you should be able to select your printer under the Bonjour menu that should appear when you choose your printer. If you're doing this then its obviously a bigger problem.

8. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

A friend of mine is having the same problem.

We're both on MacBook Pro's running completely updated OS's, and I can print to his printer wirelessly, but he can't. He's plugged in and he can print, but he gets an error when trying to add a printer (if he uses the "default" drivers of the HP 4-in-1) or it won't print when he uses a non-default (and not for his printer) driver (I, however, am using that non-default driver and I can print fine).

Any recommendations? We're printing to a HP C4100...