Caps Lock Doesn't Work on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ppc_michael, May 3, 2006.

1. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I have an iMac Core Duo with the bluetooth mouse and keyboard option. The mouse works fine and the keyboard mostly functions correctly except for one thing: the caps lock key doesn't work. The LED doesn't light and the caps are not locked.

I know it's not a broken keyboard, because strangely enough the caps lock DOES work when I boot in to Windows. Also I borrowed a friend's identical keyboard and the same problem occurs.

I downloaded that recent keyboard update thing a while ago but that didn't fix anything.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

System Prefs -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard pane -> "Modifier Keys" (bottom left).

Click on it. When the dialog pops up, make sure the entry for the caps lock key also says caps lock in the pull down list on the right side.

3. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

Wow thanks! When I went in to Modifier Keys everything was already set correctly, but suddenly the Caps Lock worked. Maybe it was, like, a corrupt preference or something that got reset by going into the panel?

Anyhoo, thanks very much!!

4. DMPDX macrumors 6502

On another note, does yours seem to eat the batteries at a high rate? Im using premeium duracell's and IIve had to change them 3 times in the past two months. Kind of annoying, but Glad to see you can TYPE IN ALL CAPS AGAIN!
    -dsm

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

DMPDX, do you think it's the Intel Mac specifically? My KB hasn't needed battery replacement yet, as far as I can remember, and I've had it since...January.

Michael, well, glad it got fixed, one way or another, Hopefully whatever happened, won't happen again! :eek:

6. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

DM: That's strange, I've had the iMac for a month and a half I'd say, and it still shows full battery in the Bluetooth panel! :eek: