caps lock green light only works on wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hdsalinas, Jan 12, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Hi,

I have a MBP and an apple wireless keyboard. The keyboard works great both under the mac OS and windows. I have notice thou, that when I hit the "caps lock" key on the wireless keyboard the green light in the key only lights up on the wireless keyboard and not on the mbp's keyboard (the same happen when I turn the caps lock on the main keyboard, the one on the wireless KB doesnt turn on)

The funny thing is that under windows, if I hit the caps lock key in any of the two keyboards, both keyboards green indicator lights turn on.

Is this normal?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you disconnect the Wireless Keyboard, does it work normally?

3. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

That's probably so you know which keyboard you were using. Windows makes you guess :p

4. hdsalinas thread starter macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

yes if I disconnect the wireless keyboard the light in the cap lock key in the MBP lights up. Just funny that it works this way.

Other than that, the apple wireless keyboard is as reliable as great any wired keyboard and for me is the best keyboard that I have used. I just wish it was lighted too, although that would eat my batteries.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think you hit the nail on the head. There's really no benefit from having them both lit and it'll just consume power. :)