Capturing DVCPRO-25

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by salilsundresh, Jul 18, 2006.

1. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

Does anyone how I can capture DVCPRO-25 (NTSC) I don't see a pre-set and I am not very experience with this format so I don't know what settings to use. I also heard that this is a professional format, so there is some box or something that I need to check so the audio and video are locked in snyc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I need to capture this tomorrow! (will only have the deck for an hour or two)

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

DVCPRO25 is just Panasonic's tweak on DV (much like DVCAM is Sony's). Just use the the normal DV preset.

Lethal

3. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to lock the audio and the video? Unlike Mini DV, DVCPro has the audio and video locked together so they don't drift. Any ideas?

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you record to MiniDV the audio will be unlocked. If you record to DVCAM or DVCPRO it will be locked. There is nothing w/in Final Cut you need to set to make it locked/unlocked.

Lethal

5. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird..Avid requires you to check that box..I will try again using DV NTSC Pre-set this time. Thanks a lot. :D

6. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

crap, I used the NTSC 48kHz pre-set, but that didn't work! The audio is clearly NOT in sync with the video after 15 minutes! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Btw, I also tried non-controlled device and that didn't work..still out of sync.
    :eek:

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

How big of chunks are you capturing? If you are doing hour long captures you might want to log the tape into 20min chunks and batch capture. Also, make sure audio on the tape was recorded in 48k and not 32k. If it was recorded in 32k then you'll definitely have to capture in like 20min chunks to keep sync.

Lethal