Car adapter for 2nd gen ipod shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TheDance511, Feb 18, 2007.

1. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

Hey.... i need a car adapter for my new ipod shuffle..its orange haha..umm i cant find it anywhere i tried best buy and circuit city but no luck... i drive a 1990 volvo ... so it has a tape player...anyway...if you know of a product that will let me plug in my shuffle post here please....it only has a headphone jack to let you know...:apple:

2. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

You Want Griffin PowerJolt USB Auto Power Charger $20

Griffin Technology makes one. Can't remember the name of it. It was new at MacWorld. Still not listed on their site.

But all you really need is a Griffin PowerJolt USB Car Power Adapter $20 which should be easier to find out there and then plug the dock that came with your shuffle in that. Trouble is you can't listen while charging. Don't know anyone who has solved that challenge yet.

If you want an adapter to play it on that's simply a stereo cassette tape adapter that they sell everywhere or check with your Volvo dealer to see it your stereo has an aux input on the back. Otherwise you'll need to upgrade your car's stereo with a new one that has an aux input.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Well since you have a Tape Deck why don't you just use any old tape deck line in type of piece that can be bought for around $5-15 easily and then listen to that? It would plug in from that right to the shuffle's headphone jack...

If you don't want to use a tape deck, there are FM transmitters like this from Scosche which plug into the 12v cigarette power source, the audio to the headphone jack, and then just transmit.

EDIT: You'd get a better sound quality with the tape deck adapter though...

4. TheDance511 thread starter macrumors 6502