Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
Does this appeal to anyone?

Hand made real carbon fiber case

I'm considering it, but the price is not cheap at $119.99

Dro Concepts
http://droconcepts.com/ipad/carbon-fiber-ipad-case.html

ipaddro.jpg

AndrewHopkins

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
I must agree with ozziegn, I want a case that is always on protection (I just bought the Apple case) , but for traveling I could see an advantage.

But I really disagree with Abyssgh0st. I recently received a Dro concepts "Guardian" carbon fiber case as a gift for my iPhone 3gs (I'd never heard of them before this). It is very well made, the gloss finish really nice, and the quality of the carbon fiber work is top notch. I would recommend their iPhone cases to anyone.

Vaja also makes a nice product too. I had one of their cases on my original iPhone.

Salvador22

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
I pre-ordered one after I saw them on here and then again on iLounge.

I also ordered two of their carbon fiber iPhone cases at the same time which already came in and they ROCK! I can't wait for the iPad case to arrive.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
That looks MUCH nicer in the concept pics than it does in the real one.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
That looks MUCH nicer in the concept pics than it does in the real one.

If I understand correctly, the real pics are from where it just came out of the mold, i.e. raw carbon fiber w/ resin without the glossy clear coat added. It will look a lot better once its sprayed with clear and buffed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.