Cardinals vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Community' started by emw, Oct 21, 2004.

1. emw macrumors G4

emw

All right, time to go...

Can't wait until Saturday at Fenway!

Guess who I'm rooting for... :D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yes!!!

Of course, growing up a Cards fan, now living outside Boston, I'll be happy no matter what happens - and happy for either team that wins.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

should be good. I liked the astros better, but I am still kind of glad because I think the Cardinals have a lot more weaknesses than the Astros. I can easily see either team winning this series.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I agree - and I hope this one goes seven games as well. A 4 or 5 game blow-out won't be fun for anyone to watch.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...well, it's a Red Sox vs. Cardinals series coming up. I am not really too much of a baseball fan but I think I will have to root for the Sox this time - time to put an end to that ol' jinx.....oh yeah!

6. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

Yeah, I think the Sox will be the consensus favorites of everyone not a Cardinals or Yankees fan. Heck, I wouldn't be all that disappointed if Boston wins, but I'm still rooting for the redbirds.

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...of course there are reasons I would like to see the Cards win too - the Canadian connection - Larry Walker....classy guy.....oh yeah!

8. mms macrumors 6502a

Go Red Sox!!! The curse must be lifted. It'll be close though.

9. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I want to see the celebration in Boston once the Red Sox win it all.

The Babe is dead!

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

A female student died during the celebration last night. I'm a bit hesitant to see what will happen if the Sox win the series....

And yes it wasn't intentional. But still, seems like a stupid thing to have someone die because of a team winning.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, that was very sad. The police admitted they did it, albeit unintentionally. I don't have anything against the cardinals, but I want the Sox to just pummel them for 4 games straight. No, it's not good baseball, but my heart can't take any more stress. :)

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Go Cardinals... After a long trip from the Vatican to USA, it's sad if they don't win ... ;)

:p

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

go Red Sox... after a long trip 86 years, it's sad if they don't win. ;) :)

14. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Yeah, this should be a great series. Go Sox!!! :D :D I'm glad the Cardinals won though, I didn't want to have to watch Clemens pitch again...;)

15. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I'm still giddy about Wednesday night. That was epic. I think the Sox have the will and the momentum to win, and I wish them all the best.

Sox in seven.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Cards all the way!

Im from St. Louis, but however, I wouldn't be too upset if the Sox won, after all, they are the team that completley owned the damn Yankees :D

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well they did let the Yankees hit and run all they wanted for three days in a row, which plain wore out NY's bats. :p

Then they kept them up for 3 days in a row with all those increasing long games. :D

18. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

Could be. They could also be emotionally sapped, which I hope is the case ;)

Either way, looking forward to a great rematch (the Cards are 2-0 in World Series against the Red Sox).

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, all before these players were even born! :p If you want to look at recent history, how about Pats - Rams '01??? :D

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The death of Victoria is just sad beyond belief. It brings shame of the Red Sox win. Doesn't put Boston in a very good light that such a thing could happen. It was a terrble accidetn. The Police was protecting Boston residents. What has happened to our culture that we don't listne to the lawful order of the police. :( :eek: :eek: :(

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/

21. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have just become the biggest Cards Fans ever. I knew this Cards shirt would come in handy.

1918!

LETS GO CARDINALS.

22. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

Sad, isn't it? The Cards haven't been it in since '87, and haven't won since '82. Sure, it's nothing compared to the poor Sox, but still awhile.

I really wasn't old enough to pay too much attention to baseball before about '78/'79, so for me, I was happy to see the Cards in the series three times in a decade, which I though was pretty good. Little did I know I wouldn't see them there again until my daughter was almost old enough to start rooting for them! :(

If things stay true to the LCS, we could be watching game 7 on Halloween...

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

As a Yankee fan I think people will know who Im rooting for, Cardinals in 5.

24. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I am not a huge baseball fan, but after the drama of the Red Sox win over the Yankees, I am really looking forward to the World Series this year. I predict taht the Red Sox take it in no more than 6 games just because they have so much emotional momentum going into this and they got consistently stronger as they started beating the Yankees.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The same thing will happen this year as what happened in the last World Series, The Red Sox are emotional drained after fighting in a 7 game bloodbath with the arch rival Yankees that in their minds they already won the World Series in beating the Yankees they have nothing left for the real thing.