Care Agency/Domiciliary Care Software -- Please Help!?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by killianb, Apr 25, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

killianb

Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot but I wonder if any of you can help? I am starting up a care agency in the UK delivering social care to older people. I'm looking for some software that will allow me to keep a database of all service users and carers, produce rotas/timesheets, invoicing, etc. Does anyone know of any software like this for the Mac?

There's plenty of this kind of software out there for Windows, for example:

www.pulse-software.com
    www.quik-plan.co.uk

Basically I've been a Mac user for years and I really, REALLY hate Windows. I'd really like to avoid running Boot Camp on my Mac, or worse, buying a PC, just to run this type of software.

Thanks is advance.

2. macrumors member

I haven't seen any for the Mac but a lot for the PC world. So I've done the next best thing, VMware Fusion.

3. macrumors newbie

Peetah is correct, there are no commercially available care agency systems available for Macs in the UK (as far I know anyway, and I've been in the industry 12 years).

Our system, StaffPlan Roster, is VMWare compliant (we use it extensively in our development, support and sales environments), but (simpler) we also offer a fully hosted solution - there are RDP emulators available for Macs which you could use to access it. Our Infrastructure guy gave me these links...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f1-8ae1-4da9-ab5c-f8457ecdaf2d&displaylang=en
    http://cord.sourceforge.net/

(The second one is if you REALLY hate Microsoft!)

I don't believe we have any Mac users currently but I'd be pleased to make a test environment available to you FOC so you can try before committing to anything.

Apologies for the blatant sales pitch, but one of our clients forwarded me your thread - he's happy to have a chat to you if you like. If you'd like to discuss further please drop me an email at ian.horman@staffplan.co.uk or visit our website www.staffplan.co.uk

Regards
    Ian

Business Development Director
    StaffPlan Ltd

4. thread starter macrumors regular

killianb

Thanks for your replies! I actually forgot I had made this thread!

It looks like I'm going with either VMWare or Boot Camp. Preferably the first!

Thanks again!

5. macrumors newbie

No problem, good luck with the new venture and do let me know if I can help further.

Regards
    Ian

6. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Since you are only planning to use 1 application, you might want to try VirtualBox first (it is free) before you purchase VMWare Fusion.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. macrumors newbie