career advice: around the globe in 365 days ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gadfly, Nov 9, 2005.

1. gadfly macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I need some career advice. I've graduated a few months ago. I really want to work internationally (no, not bartending in France ). I'm a business major and I want to do something in finance/business abroad. I've tried to find positions through multinational companies but most require you to stay a few years before you get an international placement. Is anyone out there who has experience in this area ?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

There's plenty of jobs overseas!

In all seriousness, I admire your desire to travel while you are young. Hope someone here has some advice to offer here. I know there's an international aspect to some college work that involves co-op placement outside of the U.S. Perhaps an MR member has done something like that.

3. gadfly thread starter macrumors newbie

lol. thx for the encouragement (and the link to the iraq job board ;) ) but I was thinking more europe/asia/anywhere lol. anyway, I hope some1 can help me figure this out.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why don't you just get a job overseas?

I dun getit? :confused:

And if you want to make it easier on yourself, just try getting a job in England. Its a nice gateway to Europe, and word on the street is that they speak a lot of english in the UK, so language won't be a barrier in terms of getting a job and communicating clearly.

Or Australia. Wanna make $50000 per year, bring it back to the US, and exchange all that Aussie money and get $1480 USD in return? Yep......go Australia!!