Careful iPhone 5 Screen Protectors from Amazon DO NOT FIT..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ihonda, Sep 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

2. macrumors 6502a

...and you know this how?

3. macrumors member

I'm guessing he measured it and compared to iphone 5 specs.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

because unless the home button is right on the metal frame there is no way this is cut properly.

either the home button was moved down close to the bezel or the screen protector is cut wrong and based upon all the pics online of the iphone the screen is cut wrong.

5. macrumors 6502a

Exactly what pictures are you basing these accusations on?

Maybe you should come up with better proof before going around slandering a company?

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

um maybe the press shots?

7. macrumors 6502a

Got a link so we can see for ourselves?

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

your just on one tonight i see. its called google.

9. macrumors 6502a

OK, let me get this straight. You post up a public service "warning" about some company that may be making iPhone 5 screen protectors that won't fit the iPhone 5 screen, and when people ask questions you tell THEM to do a search? I suspect you must be some competitor that's out to damage the reputation of others...

That said, I did a search and didn't find anything unusual. This is what's pictured on the Amazon link you yourself posted:

[​IMG]

What's so bad about these?

10. macrumors member

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

Hard to verify the space between bottom of home button and where glass ends. I'm telling you tho that the screen protectors are cut short. I do not represent any company either wtf..

Edit: screen protector is only coming out to 121.38 not 123.83

12. macrumors 601

LOL wait until the iPhone comes out you're acting like you have it in hand. Some front screen protectors are cut short of the edge of the screen so cases fit with them.

13. macrumors 6502a

What is the source of your information? Post it up or shut up. So far nothing you've claimed in this thread is verifiable. Until you can put up some proof, I'd lay off on the accusations. So far the only thing I suspect at this point is that you're a liar.

14. macrumors 68040

boshii

123.83 is the measurement from end to end of the phone, not the measurement of the screen. You have to subtract the thickness of the edge of the casing as well as account for the amount cut off to allow the protector to fully adhere to the screen.

If they made the screen protectors the exact size of the screen, there will be no room for error.

15. thread starter macrumors 65816

like i said, these dont fit.. and to make it worse they are cut so terrible that it covers the facetime camera. WTF