Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I actually think he is great for AAPL investors. I made a lot if money riding his coat tails, I just have to make sure I sell before he does.

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
Parasite? He is a business man with the required funds. That's life of an investor. You sound like a school kid who hates other kids because they got better shoes than you.

When so few have so much and so many have so little the balance of things is clearly off, greedy fat cats will be the death of us all regardless of what you believe or what computer you use. This "man" is indeed a giant parasite in societies gut and people who think its ok have really been brainwashed and sold "the lie", its that simple. DANGEROUS PARASITE...

benjamiah

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2011
Read his bio - he IS a parasite - the original corporate raider - got a boost from family when he was young and used it to buy distressed companies, asset strip them , fire staff. His first con was TWA.

He has never produced anything in the world. He is a professional gambler, right from his war days. He makes me sick - like most filthy rich - they got the money through opportunist scams - Jobs Gates exceptions.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303947904579339041047857338

SCUM

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Icahn only cares about Icahn. And no one else. There is lots of documented evidence about this.

I wonder where his moneys will go in his will as he can't take them beyond the grave and he surely does not want anyone other than Icahn to have it all.

nikaru

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2009
How much shares he can buy? For 10 bilion? That will be about 2% of the shares plus the shares he indirectly has in Apple being shareholder of a company that has a big part of its own shares. I doubt that more that 15% of the shareholders are present at the shareholders meetings so he basically has a lot a influence alrdy and can secure himself a seat at the board. He is waiting for the split which will increase the share price and then he will sell all of them making a huge profit in a matter of months or a year.

iAshley

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
Another great bottom-feeding story, good job MR! That's twice today. First you publish the delusional ramblings of Claim Chowdry, then this pompous jerk. Gotta get those clicks!

I get what you're saying, it's not the kind of 'rumour' I'm interested in either, but some people may find this interesting, just skip it if it's not news that suit you. MacRumors is a business after all so it needs to make money and get clicks and it doesn't stop them posting the stuff we do want.

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Read his bio - he IS a parasite - the original corporate raider - got a boost from family when he was young and used it to buy distressed companies, asset strip them , fire staff. His first con was TWA.

He has never produced anything in the world. He is a professional gambler, right from his war days. He makes me sick - like most filthy rich - they got the money through opportunist scams - Jobs Gates exceptions.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303947904579339041047857338

SCUM

When so few have so much and so many have so little the balance of things is clearly off, greedy fat cats will be the death of us all regardless of what you believe or what computer you use. This "man" is indeed a giant parasite in societies gut and people who think its ok have really been brainwashed and sold "the lie", its that simple. DANGEROUS PARASITE...

Nothing stops other rich people or companies to do the same. If you don't like that a certain individual gains that much influence - buys shares yourself .. There are 900 Million shares out there ... Enough to buy by other rich individuals or comapnies...

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I find it interesting so many people here "accuse" a capitalist for being a capitalist and an investor for being an investor. One that avails himself of many of the levers of free speech as allowed for within the investing world. This is not a judgement of his character by me because I claim so long as he is acting as a capitalist and investor his character should not be questioned for those actions.

As for AAPL being undervalued, it is below the prior high of $705 (pre-split, $100 after split). Further it has a PE ratio right now of 14. For a while it was close to 10, and when it gets to 20 or so you probably should taper off your holdings.

You do have holdings, don't you? Hmmmmm?

Rocketman

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
For the people who can actually remember when this site had quality insider information it is sad to see how pathetic it is today. Believe it or not, it wasn't always 6 mockup stories per day interspersed with digitimes and Chowdry.

I'll take this over most of the stuff posted here. At least this is news. Some 3D printed mock up based on a rumored iPhone design schematic isn't worthy of this or any other site. Yet the editors claim that is what people want to see. Sigh.

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Parasite? He is a business man with the required funds. That's life of an investor. You sound like a school kid who hates other kids because they got better shoes than you.

There are investors and there are investors. Warren Buffet buys into companies he believe are already well-run and enjoys the long-term growth and dividend, over 10s of years. Carl Icahn buys companies he thinks he can force into a quick stock price explosion based on nothing much and then sell again before it all goes wrong.

Apple has enough cash on hand and stock diversity to fend off Mr Ichahn, he'll certainly make money off his muddying the waters in the interim.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
There are investors and there are investors. Warren Buffet buys into companies he believe are already well-run and enjoys the long-term growth and dividend, over 10s of years. Carl Icahn buys companies he thinks he can force into a quick stock price explosion based on nothing much and then sell again before it all goes wrong.

Apple has enough cash on hand and stock diversity to fend off Mr Ichahn, he'll certainly make money off his muddying the waters in the interim.

Icahn is no saint and that is clear to everyone. However, he has done nothing wrong with the Apple dealing except providing that hideous picture. He has purchased stock, asked for changes that apple was planning to make anyway and now bought more stock. At some point, he will have enough profit and will dump the stock and make his pretty penny while tanking the stock price. However, as you stated Apple has enough reserves that even a massive sell off by Icahn would be only a temporary dip in stock price. Therefore, I, for one, am not worried about him yet, unless he buys enough to warrant a seat on the board or if he puts out even more hideous picture of himself.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
So I suppose Carl Icahn was the push for Beats.
That's why the deal hasn't been completed...they needed him to supply the money.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
People have issues with Icahn for the wrong reasons. He's putting so much money into Apple because he believes it's a good investment and will pay off. Not sure why anyone has problems with that. What I have a problem with is the insider aspect of owning so much.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...es-after-7-to-1-split-repurchase-announcement

This article states his shares were on the record in March just prior to the earnings announcement. So he either guessed tremendously what was going to come out of their earnings call, or he knew what was coming. Average Joe investor doesn't get knowledge like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.