Carnivale Series 2 (TV Show)

Discussion in 'Community' started by garybUK, Mar 3, 2005.

1. garybUK Guest

Jun 3, 2002
    Does anyone know when series 2 of Carnivale will be showing in the US? we got series 1 quite quickly on FX286 over here and am dying to finish the story off. I know series 1 dvd has come out now so im off to buy it soon.
  2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Hate to tell you, its been on since January. (season 2) I think they're just about ready to wrap it up.

I read somewhere its going to be 5 seasons long, I'm not sure how they're going to putt that off.. I mean this season LOOKS to be pretty final to me. Anyone know? (Without spoiling it all for poor garybUK)
  3. garybUK thread starter Guest

Jun 3, 2002
    ooooh i cant wait then it must be sometime this year :p it comes on over here

5 seasons long!?!?! i dont know how they are going to stretch it that far without totally wrecking the story line. Unless they are going to go with a sort of spin off ...... ?? who knows... its a fantastic program though, really well made.
  4. alywa macrumors 6502

May 6, 2004

I think they are currently 9 or 10 episodes in this season.

I'd be surprised if they go 5 seasons. From what I understand, it's pretty low-rated (in terms of viewership) compared to the other HBO shows (Sopranos, Wire, 6 Feet Under, etc)... I think it's really hard to pick up on what's going on if you missed the early episodes.

That being said, I think it's the coolest show on TV right now. Totally addictive, great characters, and very interesting plot line, twists, and unanswered questions. My wife and I love it... it makes us look forward to Sunday!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    For the longest time last year we felt like the secrets were never going to be revealed, but we still couldn't stop watching to catch every little clue. Then, recently, the plot has really moved forward.

When we watch a show like Lost, we tend to make comments about the plot while watching and during commercials. With Carnivale, we watch in silence, exhaling when the episode is over.

I can't explain why the show is so fascinating. It just IS.