Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I ended up getting one second hand from eBay and fitting it myself

Ah ok was it easy to fit then? Which unit did you get please?

Into which car did you fit it into? All work as expected? Still work fine with iOS 10 etc, bugs?

Would love to see some pics and even better video of it actually working in a "real" car as just see vids on YouTube but sometimes staged.

Does it connect first time every time? Any crashes? Was it worth it? How is maps?

Thanks

brandscill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Ah ok was it easy to fit then? Which unit did you get please?

Into which car did you fit it into? All work as expected? Still work fine with iOS 10 etc, bugs?

Would love to see some pics and even better video of it actually working in a "real" car as just see vids on YouTube but sometimes staged.

Does it connect first time every time? Any crashes? Was it worth it? How is maps?

Thanks
I'll try and do this for you tomorrow and answer your questions, if in 2 days I've not returned please post as it means I simply forgot

Reactions: MrMister111

brandscill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
A friendly reminder as requested ;)

Here are some photos of where I placed the microphone, GPS and USB connector.

Will DM you the video shortly :)
[doublepost=1480500210][/doublepost] IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

Last edited:

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Thx a lot for that watched the vid to. Looks a good job as well you happy with fitting? Wish CarPlay was wireless though as short hops more likely not to plug in.

I'm interested in the maps so wouldn't need a Sat Nav then

brandscill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thx a lot for that watched the vid to. Looks a good job as well you happy with fitting? Wish CarPlay was wireless though as short hops more likely not to plug in.

I'm interested in the maps so wouldn't need a Sat Nav then

Fitting wasn't too hard, my car had a standard double din and I bought an adaptor kit to make wiring it in simple. It's a two man job mainly because you need extra arms to hold back bits in the car whilst you feed wires around. It was perhaps a 2-3 hour job for a good fit with another person.

Maps work well, I've used them quite a lot all over now. As for wireless - it would be nice for short trips but I just find myself plugging it in and chucking it in the cup holder.
[doublepost=1480503281][/doublepost]It's also rumoured Pioneer will release an updated version, whether this is wireless or not I'm not sure. Just a rumour

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Can I ask how your getting on with CarPlay having now used it for a while?

Anything good/bad, any wishes you have for it?

Any absolute deal breakers, or would you now always look for it to be in, or at least option to fit in

Still seems a limited after market choice in the UK for units though. Still seems to be the ones that came out a while ago. And in noticing a lot don't have DAB integrated which I definitely want in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.