Carracho Server Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by iH8Quark, Aug 1, 2002.

1. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Okay, my buddy has a DSL modem, and a router. His computer is plugged into the router and the modem is plugged into the WAN. He can access the internet, but nobody on the outside can see his server. Any ideas?Anyone familiar with that carroacho or whatever it is?

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Me

I have a network at my house. My bro did it but im sure that the machine where the cable comes in is not behind the firewall. You have to set the IPs and stuff, I dont nkow how though, and he is out of town...sorry!

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Carracho Server Question

You need to configure your router to open you machine to the "outside world" See the instructions about it.

arn

4. iH8Quark thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Carracho Server Question

cheers! ;)

5. atomwork macrumors regular

or you have to advertise your sever. Check the carracho info about this. go to tracker-tracker.com for more...

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Re: ...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh well. He meant he was behind a firewall but he wants to have a carracho server :rolleyes:

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

port forwarding

Depending on your router and what options it has, Arn is right, you can configure it so the outsitde world can see it. Many suport "DMZ". One computer on your network is infront of the router and can be seen compleetly by the outside world... but.. this might leave you open to attack. You can also do whats called port forwarding. You tell the router that any request on the 2 ports that Carracho uses, is forwared to your Static private IP address. Port forwarding is a good idea for security and if you only have a few ports you need to forward. If your ISP does a port scan on your IP, they will not see as much.

-evildead

8. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

What you need to do is forward ports 6700,6701 to your computer. After that you need to set the server up. :D

For more help visit: http://support.carracho.com

Good Luck!!

9. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

PS. I would not use DMZ due to the fact it forwards all the traffic to your computer and leaves all ports open. DMZ is really only god if you running wingate for example :)