Carrier: Not available

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CZK, Oct 31, 2010.

1. CZK, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK
    macrumors 6502a

Hi !

Bought my iphone 4 black 32 gb on early october from someone in my town ( it was brand new in shrink wrap). ( Model MC605C )

As soon as i opened the box i tryed it with my rogers micro sim card ( it said SIM not supported), then i jailbroke it using limera1n final.

Everything works fine with it but since the unlock is not out yet i never used it with a sim card ( tryed rogers and bell, both were not working).

I think i know to which carrier its locked to ( telus) but when i got into settings general and about, its written Carrier: Not available.

Why ?
    ________
    An1x

2. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

That's what it does when there is no sim in. It won't tell u what carrier it's locked to. Trial and error.

3. CZK, Oct 31, 2010

CZK
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

My rogers micro sim card is currently in it and still says
    carrier: not available.

I think ( pretty sure) its locked to Telus, i tried my friend's telus micro sim card and it did not work either.
    ________
    Chrysler n platform specifications

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Yep, it won't recognize any other sims but the sims of the company it's locked to.

5. CZK, Oct 31, 2010

CZK
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

When the unlock will be released, will it fix that problem or i'll have to restore and activate with an official sim and then unlock the iphone XD
    ________
    Xjs

6. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

When a new unlock is out you will have to jb and install the unlock thru Cydia.
    Most likely you could hactivate and won't need an official sim if you can't find one.