Carrying case for PB 12"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Fahd, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Fahd macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2003

Can I have your recommendations for a carrying case for my 12" PB please?

I would like something relatively cheap, sleek and small. Ideally, I would like to be able to fit my PB with case inside my bookbag, but still be able to carry it around with just the case if needed.

Also, where should I buy it from? Apple store, manufacturers web site or somewhere else?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
  2. stcanard macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2003
    I just today bought a neoprene incase sleeve for my 15".

I haven't used it yet other than to slide my baby in and make sure it fits, but I had the exact same criteria as you and this appears to fit the bill perfectly.

Came out to $60 CDN at London Drugs, which is cheaper than any of the other sleeves I saw.

With the book in, it's maybe 4" wide, it has handles and a removable shoulder strap, a pocket inside that I can slide papers into, and a pocket outside just perfectly sized for a couple of CD or DVD RW's.

I bet i could actually fit it inside my old laptop bag...
  3. Apple][Forever macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2002
    I LOVE my Incase sleeve. (I have a 12" iBook, not a PB, but I imagine the same things hold). Very well made, cushioned well, good looking, durable.

I ruined my first one... it was in the trunk of my car, and a bottle of motor oil spilled and coated the entire sleeve. Fortunately, the iBook was completely oil free. However, I couldn't get the petroleum smell out of the bag, so I threw it out and bought another. The new one fixed all the minor problems I had with my first (Placement of the hooks for the shoulder strap and an internal pocket that would get all wrinkled when you slid the laptop in and out.) That was a big plus for me, that the company seems to be continually improving their products... I didn't even notice the improvements until I got it home, so I would have bought it anyway, but it's still nice.
  4. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

Mar 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, Ca
  5. SpaceyGirl macrumors newbie

Oct 6, 2003
    I'd recommend a Booq iSleeve or a PowerSleeve.

A friend of mine just got one and it seems to have a sturdy padding and a good shoulder strap and handle in case you want to carry it that way. It's about $40.

Other options that she considered were
    Spire USA Boot:
    Or Crumpler McBain's Lovechild...I would think a small should fit the 12" the way the small looks a little different than the larger sized ones. If you click on the images for the other colors the small comes in, you'll see what I mean.

Good luck with your search! :)
  6. fraeone macrumors regular

Sep 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, two more votes for the Incase and the Crumpler Macbain's Lovechild. The nice thing about the Crumpler is that it doesn't look like a computer bag, which reduces the chance your PB will be stolen. Crumper also makes a Messenger bag that has a laptop compartment, called the "Roll 'o Notes".

One more bonus, sells Crumpler products--which means good deals! They always have some sort of promotion going, and there are a ton of ebags coupons on deal websites if you search for them.

edit: it seems nobody has provided a working link for the InCase products: