Case at Best Buy with iPod Touch Camera

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by DevinPitcher, Nov 21, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

May 23, 2009
    Michigan, USA, Earth
    I know, i know. There have been a few of these lately, but I saw this at Best Buy just an hour ago and felt like sharing this. Interesting. I should have played dumb and asked the employees why I can't find an iPod Touch with a camera in it. :p

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68020

Jul 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Most Likely if you would have asked a Best Buy Rep, they would have probably tried to make up a story and scratch their heads...:eek:

Did you buy it? I would! I would have showed to my friends and they'll be like "WHOA!!!!"
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

May 23, 2009
    Michigan, USA, Earth
    No. I have a 1st gen Touch and the latest Classic, so it would have been a waste of money.
  4. macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    These were designs that came out before the introduction of the iPod touch 3G. For the most party, I believe they were pulled.
  5. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2008
    Case manufacturers took a bet that the 4rd gen Touch would have a camera, and many lost. It left camera-ready manufactured cases out there to sell, and Best Buy no doubt found a great deal on some. It was the case manufacturers that "leaked" images and fed the rumor mill, no doubt seriously irritating Steve Jobs, perhaps to the point of pulling the camera Touch just for spite.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

Jun 15, 2007
    That's ridiculous. They manufactured on SPECS from Apple. Apple pulled it because they blew it. If Steve Jobs pulled something just for spite he should get kicked in the nuts for scewing over consumers and manufacturers.
  7. macrumors member

Nov 27, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I guess they don't want to put too much technology out there too quick. What would we have to look forward to? Apple seems to manage technology introductions more conservative than other companies.
  8. macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    Yes, in normal circumstances. The cases that were made with specs of the camera got the specs from leaks from Chinese factories, not from Apple. So Apple never handed the specs to them yet so it was the case manufactures fault. I wouldn't doubt it if the next iPod touch has a camera though.