1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Case for 4th Gen 60 gig iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by vancejohns, Jan 1, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

I just received my 4th Gen 60 gig iPod and I'm delighted. I got a refurbished 4th Gen because I have a G3 iMac and the new iPods don't work with Firewire. The iPod is loaded with about 12,000 songs (a bit over half the content of my iTunes. Can anyone recommend a good source for a case or, better yet a specific case, to protect it. I went to the Apple store and, when I asked about a case of a 4th gen iPod, the kid looked at me as if I'd just stepped out of a time machine "Sir are you from the past?". I've found some cases on line but thouth I'd poll the group for recommendations.

Thanks,
    Vance

2. macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

I don't have a personal recommendation, but there are thorough reviews at www.ilounge.com. I have heard good things about iSkin, but I found the one for my mini got a bit fuzzy because dust and stuff sticks to it.

3. macrumors regular

iSkins are fantastic... they were a litttle lacking for the first two generations, but 4g looks nice and tehy have full screen protection, a clip at the back, etc. I highly recommend them, and I think you can get the older cases at their website.

4. macrumors 68020

aricher

I love the iSkin because it work with the dock. One complaint I do have is that there are ventilation holds on the back that let debris in. After a few months with the iSkin I took my iPod out to find that the back and screen had some minor scratching due to debris getting in. Not a big deal to me but if you want a pristine iPod I would suggest covering it with the Invisible Sheild product and then put it in the iSkin.