Case for an iPod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    I just bought myself a iPod Photo 30GB. Pretty sweet little thing. The only problem is it is scratched after one day of use!!! I want to try to keep my iPod looking somewhat new. What is a good case to prevent it from getting scratched? Thnx
  2. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2004
    Hudson Valley NY
    As soon as I opened the box on my 3G iPod, I put it in an iSkin, and it's still in mint condition. The skin makes it a little larger, but nothing major. The iSkin is made of silicone, so it offers a little bit of drop protection, and there's a plastic bit that goes over the screen to protect it. On the version I have, there's a pretty good belt clip on the back, though it looks like it might break off if used too much. If you don't want the clip, it is removeable.
  3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    iSkin here too. I didn't take the iPod out the house until the iSkin arrived. Subsequently when you take it out of the case now (a year on) it looks like new.
  4. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    I'll third the iSkin... when I got my iPod, it lived on a white t-shirt until my iSkin arrived. After a month of use, there are just some VERY fine scratches on the back, visible only when the reflected light is just right... probably more from me polishing it than from anything else.
  5. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2004
    way out in the sticks
    Yep, the iSkin is awesome. It comes in many different colors and even has a clear, thin plastic screen protector to cover the screen. The back has tiny holes built in so the iPod can still release it's heat.
  6. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2003
    I have an extra iSkin I'm willing to sell if you're interested. Comes with screen and Click wheel protection.
  7. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    The Netherlands - Utrecht
    I've had an iSkin, after 2 days I threw it away, it totally diminishes the design of the ipod and feels kinda sticky <it is not, but it feels kinda...... sticky...>

I accepted that every 2 to 3 years i'd to buy an other one. After a while i bought a couple of isocks, which serve their perpouse.... so now i sock in the pod...

Which are fine....
  8. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    I use iSocks. :)

Can't stand iSkins or most of those cases, so fugly.
  9. Open-Your-Eyes macrumors newbie

May 28, 2004