Case for iPhone 4 that does not peel off screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jpiszcz, Dec 10, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that does not peel off the screen protector off the front?

2. macrumors 6502

there's a ton, what kind of case do you want

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Currently own the Belkin clear case (don't use it anymore, turned yellow) now using the Pixel Skin HD and over time all around the edges/etc it has lifted up the screen protector.

4. macrumors 6502

really? Mine doesn't peel it up and I use it with a front and back screen protector

5. macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Any two piece case won't peel the protector since it actually presses down on the front/back of the phone. One that comes to mind is the Speck Fitted. Obviously you need not get the case is such a hideous color but you get my point.

Another, like the Contour Showcase, is a clam shell case which, like the two piece, presses down on the front/back of the phones. I use this case currently and have zero peeling of either front or back protectors.

6. macrumors regular

In my experiences, the quality of the screen protector is also a variable here. Some will peel off much easier than others...

Which brand of screen protectors are you using?

7. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors newbie

If you prefer slim cases, the Incase Snap case also doesn't affect screen protectors.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Using the SGP Crystal Film protector (bought it before the power support came out)

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. macrumors regular

Personally, I haven't used the SGP screen protectors. That said, I've read some threads here suggesting that they have had the same peeling problem with the SGP screen protectors... again, I haven't used them, so I can't confirm if that is true or not.

I'm currently using Ghost Armor and it is working very well on my SGP Neo Hybrid.

My suggestion is to contact SGP and explain the situation... Maybe they'll send you some new ones. Or, try another protector.

12. macrumors 6502a

way too many factors to say it's just the case

how clean the screen was when applied, and how centered it is is probably just a big a factor as the case

13. macrumors member

a minimal back snap case would probably not peel anything off. but you'd have no front glass protection except your screen protector.