Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuuuuts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Looking for a case for my phone (6s Plus) as my one year old is starting to notice my phone more often and pick it up and tries to toss it. I'm trying to discourage him from playing with my phone but in case he gets a hold of it, I'm looking for something that would protect it.

Currently using a ringke fusion which works okay; I do have a speck candy shell grip. I'm not using a tempered glass screen protector. I like the clear back option

I do see the unicorn beetle and iblason armorbox but have read things about dust may enter the case through the touchid opening. I'm guessing it will be the same across the board for other cases as well.

any suggestions?

thanks

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I just got the speck candy shell onyx clear. I have coupled that with a tempered glass SP and it is a very safe combo imo. The semi-transparent back is a nice touch

roniphon

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
You need to find something that will protect you against dropping. One year old always looking for the experiment and dropping things is their main business at that age.

nuuuuts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the recommendations. I do like the clear option as I've taken his art from day care. Created a template and added the images in.

Height is my friend but I also like to prevent him from screaming and bothering others.

nuuuuts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
I just got the speck candy shell onyx clear. I have coupled that with a tempered glass SP and it is a very safe combo imo. The semi-transparent back is a nice touch
Did you get an edge to edge protector?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.