Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Last week I bought a new 13" Macbook Air and am pretty happy about that, but I am now looking for something to protect mine; after seeing many people saying dust that gets under your case will scratch up your macbook pretty bad, would you recommend a skin from dbrand, or maybe Slickwraps? Or would you prefer a case instead?

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
I went with Best Skins Ever .. Installed it on my 11 MBA and 2 MBPr and all 3 came out amazing! Used their Matte finish! My wife was amazed how they all came out so was I ..

Attachments

• ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 200
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Buggyflayer

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
I went with Best Skins Ever .. Installed it on my 11 MBA and 2 MBPr and all 3 came out amazing! Used their Matte finish! My wife was amazed how they all came out so was I ..
Wow... Theres a skin on that? I really can't tell xD I might actually buy that

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
neither, get a pouch when you travel, but leave it caseless when in use, maybe just the keyboard cover

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
Last week I bought a new 13" Macbook Air and am pretty happy about that, but I am now looking for something to protect mine; after seeing many people saying dust that gets under your case will scratch up your macbook pretty bad, would you recommend a skin from dbrand, or maybe Slickwraps? Or would you prefer a case instead?

Dust causing scratches under cases(?), RARE! You might not be willing however to tolerate the amount of fingerprints showing up depending on your colour choice.

Last edited:

Buggyflayer

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2014
West Sussex, UK
Bought a Speck clear case with my Mid 2012 13" Air and been really happy with it. The case itself is a bit scratched-up now so am considering buying a new case but after 3 years its no shame to the product.
I take it off every few months for a cleanup as there is a little dust that does eventually get inside but I have no scratches on the Air. I've had it in fairly dusty conditions in rural East Africa several times, the kind of places that when you do get back to an airport you realise the keyboard and screen looks kinda sepia. A cleanup after that is common sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.