Cash for iPhone sites -- legit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by basicfiend, Nov 14, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I just got the 4S and looking to unload my iPhone 4. There are tons of sites that claim to pay cash for the phones. Has anyone used them? Has anyone seen reviews about which ones are legit?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cash+for+iphone

Each will quote you a price depending on condition of the phone. But I don't want to send in my phone to highest bidder and have them tell me that it's in worse condition than I self reported and get screwed on price.

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

My personal recommendation would be to avoid those sites and sell the phone in person via Craigslist or a similar site.

To answer your questions though, I have not used "cash for iPhone" sites and have not seen any reviews about which ones are legit.

3. macrumors regular

MrRon

99.9999% of these sites are scammers... stay away.. just list your phone at CL.. lots of people will contact you

4. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used gazelle to sell my iPhone 4. It was easy. Had a check in a week.

5. macrumors newbie

+1 for Gazelle. Just picked up a 153 dollar check for selling my 32gig 3GS.

6. macrumors 68030

FreakinEurekan

eBay Instant Sale and Gazelle seem to be fine (that is to say, they do what they say & won't try to cheat you down on price after they get your phone as long as you're honest in your condition assessment). Anyone else is a gamble (and not good odds).

7. macrumors 68040

I would say eBay, Craig's List and Gazelle are your best bets. All these other sites are not worth the risk. Personally I've been lucky as I've sold my 3G, 3GS and 4 all to the same work colleague.

8. macrumors 68020

awadeee

I would personally never use any of these sites as I've read many horror stories about people getting a quote, being satisfied with it, sending their phone in, the company telling them it's "in worse shape" than as described/photographed and then the company lowballing tremendously and being shady about sending the phone back if the seller refuses the new low price.

Just use Kijiji or Craigslist man.

9. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I laugh at these sites and their users. They quote you something for your phone, when you send it in, they tell you it's in worse shape and offer you even less and make it a nightmare to get your phone back if you don't take the amount they offer. Sell it on craigslist or ebay.

10. macrumors 65816

11. macrumors 6502

offcamber

ebay instant sale

ebay's instant sale is legit.
    I sold my iPhone 4 through them with no issues, free shipping and received payment within a week.

http://instantsale.ebay.com/

12. macrumors member

Yup, I read several of these threads on this forum already.

13. macrumors 68000

daveathall

Depends where you are. I'm in the UK and have used Mazuma mobile twice, very speedy return cheque (£230 for a 16gb black iPhone 4)

14. macrumors member

I did the same thing - quick, honest, and easy.

15. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Quit spamming this garbage. You would have to be a moron to ship your $500 iPhone here.