Castle Defense HD LV1-1 video

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kongfu, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kongfu, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011

macrumors newbie

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors newbie

I've only played through the first 3-6 levels and they were tough but fun. Production is very well done. I can tell it is worth the $0.99 I paid for it.

5. macrumors newbie

The developer needs to drop its current IAP model. If the game play stays that challenging at later levels, it should at least offer some grinding options for users such as reward a unit/spell by competing an earlier level with 3-star. So players can at least has an option to build up some spells/units rather than IAP route.

I don't mind IAP to unlock new maps/game mode/unit type...etc but consumable spells/units are simply plain wrong. It affects the gameplay (as the developer is attempting to tune it to the point that only most hard-core players can pass without using IAP.) The developer should borrow the Creeps' IAP model which is perfectly fine.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

agree !

[​IMG]

share!

7. macrumors 6502

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

here r some advices and skills playing this game summaried below (hope it’s helpful):
    In Adventure Mode you won’t get much breads as in PvZ, so you should take good use of magic (e.g. lighting) to protect cookers.
    [​IMG]
    It’s not easy to pass every level for only one time. Personally I don’t recommend go IAP. To understand every role in this game is the key to clear all the levels with high scores.
    For the racket soldier, maybe there’s not enough archers to fight against them at the beginning. You can put a cooker (or something cheap) in front of racket soldier so they exploded together.
    [​IMG]

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Cooperation between Shield Soldier and Hidden Weapon
    Put a Shield Soldier (or Shock Wave) to accrue enemies, then kill them with Hidden Weapon or A-dou.
    [​IMG]
    A-dou should put after Pold Soldier so it’s able to kill them only once.
    [​IMG]

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

I wonder how many of you unlocked Nightmare Mode. What I’m trying to say is it’s an awesome mode and you guys really should have a try. There’re so many enemies in Nightmare Mode just like having a nightmare. Finally I made it wave 8. In my experience, collect as more magic as possible at the beginning. And in later waves use magic in right time and right order. Here’s some intorduction of magic skills:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Beating Dragon 18 Palms and the Arrows Rain used in area with lots of enemies will be perfect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. macrumors newbie

Old Tony

12. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The graphics look nice, but the game play looks like a complete clone of PVZ

13. macrumors newbie

good job guy!cooooooooool!

14. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks!