Castlevania DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by kingcrowing, Jan 7, 2006.

1. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I just played a demo at EB, and wow is it fun! anybody own it and reccomend it, also are the GBA versions as good? I've kinda been thinking about getting a micro if there are enough games that I'd like to play on it, I love my DS but I ususally prefer the games that dont use the Stylus as much, with the exception of trauma center

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Funnily enough, I like the stylus games. Playing with the regular controls is like using an SNES with two smaller screens. That's how I think of it anyway.

I heard the other Castlevania games were good; it's not my genre of game though, so my opinion won't matter much on this.

3. PharmD macrumors 6502

Best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night. A must-buy for all DS owners. The game makes minimal use of the stylus. Occasionally you have to use it to destroy some ice blocks and each boss requires you to use the stylus to draw a seal and destroy it, which is easy.

The GBA games are great as well. In fact, they are releasing a 2-pack of Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow this Tuesday. 2 games for $30. Can't beat that!

4. crachoar macrumors 6502a

I love the stylus gimmicks they just throw into games...classic...

'Dawn of Sorrow' is an excellent game, aside from the fact that it's still not as good as 'Symphony of the Night' - but I have a feeling the next DS game will be a direct sequel to the Playstation masterpiece (if not, a direct port).

The GBA games are all excellent - however - 'Harmony' has the worst music engine ever!

I would play through 'Aria of Sorrow' for the GBA before you start 'Dawn of Sorrow'.

Actually, I enjoyed 'Aria' more for some reason. Played it for at least fifty hours, if not more. 2D 'Castlevania' games have always been incredible. It's a shame IGA won't just give up on the 3D realm (or simply - steal the fighting system from 'God of War').

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Castlevania DS is strikingly similar to all of the GBA Castlevanias. They are all worth playing, as is Symphony of the Night if you have a playstation.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm after Castlevania DS, I really want to play through the GBA prequel first though. I've looked online and its going for about £45! I emailed the guy selling it telling him that its bloody insane to charge that much for a GBA game. said that its rare in the UK, but hey, its £20 US import so he wont be getting my money!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Local store has it for 25Euro (£17) or buy 2 for 40Euro (£13.72 Each) in Jan Sales.

Castlevania is the only game i was interested in, the other titles didn't look great.. kingkong, mr driller etc...

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Didn't you spot Advance Wars, Mario Kart, Kirby? God us Europeans get all the games late! we only just got Kirby. not that I imported or anything :cool:

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Kirby came out a while ago here in Ireland? I have those other games (advance wars, kirby canvas & mario kart) the stuff that the store had in was really bad.

Animal Crossing DS I imported though... It's eating my life away :)

I'm going in again today to pick up castlevania, I bet they've sold the bloody thing though :rolleyes:

10. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

It is an amazing game. Of the GBA games, I only played Circle of the Moon, and it was really good as well.

11. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Absolutely agreed.