casual verizon wireless question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ifjake, Nov 28, 2005.

1. ifjake macrumors 6502a

i live in the greater Pittsburgh area and have been having trouble using my cellphone. i'm wondering if it's verizon particularly sucking around this area or if my phone may in fact be on the fritz. i originally thought it was verizon, as i couldn't even call voicemail, but now it's been twice that my phone "locked up" in that none of the buttons were working so that the only way to shut off the thing was to take the battery out. i'm not a big cell phone junkie so this hasn't caused me any serious headaches yet (aside from the pizza delivery debacle when i was starving). as i don't really have the time to get it checked out this time of year (end of semester = crazy) i figure i'd just post it here and see what people thought about it.

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Just curious as to which phone you have...

I use Verizon and I had similar issues w/ my cell phone freezing on powering on/off. It was a Samsung, nothing special, er... A60 or something like that. A little silver flip phone.

Haven't had those issues since I switched to a Motorolla (I have other issues now :rolleyes:).

3. ifjake thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's an LG VX3200 if the number behind the battery is the one. it's the free one. i think it is a service problem and not the phone as other verizon users around here have been having problems while sprint and such are fine. i know some things about my phone are linked to the towers, like i will lose clock if my battery runs out out of range of a tower. i find it hard to imagin that reception would have an effect on powering up or down, but perhaps searching for service and losing it and such locks up the OS or something.

do wireless wifi networks have any effect on cellphone reception? my school just put a high powered one in and i'm like in the thick of it here on the second floor.

oh and does verizon post somewhere about when they're having system problems?

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

It's not Verizon's service, its the phone you're using...

5. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

My LG VX4400 freaked out on me and froze up. Luckily it was under warranty still so they replaced it.