Cat's claws stuck in G5 holes

Discussion in 'Community' started by narco, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narco macrumors 65816

narco

Does this happen with anyone else? I have my G5 on the floor and my cat sometimes mistakes it for a scratching post. Every time it does this, her claws get stuck in the holes and I have to help it out. When I do so, it claws me with her other un-stuck claw.

I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Fishes,
    narco.

2. Matrix9180 macrumors member

Yes, happened w/ my cat too... he finally managed to get loose after about 5 minutes (I wasn't about to get scratched) :p

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I don't have a G5, or any other computers the cats use as scratching poles, but one of our cats has a tendency to "get stuck" everywhere, like our couch, pillows, blankets etc. But he has learned to appreciate help, so when he finds himself in trouble and we help him loose he lets us do it without any struggle.

It's the same when he's injured. He then patiently lets us examine wounds and look for broken legs or whatever.

I think it has to do with the fact that he was a 6 month old runaway/stray with a broken leg when he found my girlfriend and asked her for help. She took him to the vet, had them fix him (and at the same time got him fixed ;)). He probably decided to stick with her, because after another short stray period when he was well again, he came back to stay about 12-13 years ago, and has been with her/us ever since. :)

4. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Awwwww... we had that same experience some years ago too. The cat wasn't as young and wasn't injured, but the 'owners' were moving out of town and the cat didn't like the other cats they had, so it probably decided staying in the neighbourhood was better than moving with them. And it's certainly a great feeling to find that the cat appreciates to be adopted by you. It had been somewhat of a stray cat since his 'owners' had those other cats, but when we took it as our cat, it completely transformed to a housecat. Darn, I loved that animal. Had great grief when it died several years later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.