Caution! Don’t buy key board skin from NonameChina!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macbookairgirl, Jan 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

A few days ago I read a post here about silicone key board skins selling for $2.42 for the new 11 inch MacBook Air. My father has a skin for his MacBook Pro and just loves it so I wanted one for my new MacBook Air . The price seemed to be too good to be true but against better judgment I bought one for myself and one as a birthday gift for my friend in California. When I told my dad he was a bit disappointed that I didn’t consult with him first. Later I read the post the lead me to nonamechina and you guys posted all sort of negative comments. I went into a panic thinking what a fool I was. Today they emailed my tracking number but I can’t find my packages. Could anyone help me please? The shipping company is www.Swisspost.ch and the tracking number for my friend’s order is RS909025401CH and mine is RS909025392CH. Has anyone here had any experience with this company? :mad:

2. macrumors 6502a

Can't say I've heard of the company, but I have ordered stuff from China before. Sometimes it takes 30-40 days before you actually get it. I've stopped doing it cause a) the product is usually very cheap quality and b) it takes too long without any reliable ETA. But those chinese vendors on Ebay do try hard to make you happy and not give them negative rating.

Think on the bright side though, if things do go bad, you have only put in $5.

Just make sure you keep an eye on your credit card statement. (If you purchased the product via credit card.)

If you really want the $5 back, you can ask your credit card to investigate too. I know in Canada the CC companies will usually refund the customer and go after the retailer to recover the funds.

3. macrumors regular

I was the one who posted the deal. I just went to the swisspost site and checked your tracking number. This is part of the message - If shipment of this consignment was confirmed by the sender the consignment may not yet have been entered by Swiss Post and may still be in transit. Please visit again in a few hours. I sent a product from the same company to someone in Denmark, my tracking number shows the same message. If there is a problem I will help you, the company is only 20 mins away from my home. :)

4. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. My dad said I should wait a couple of days and see what happens.

5. macrumors 65816

Thats good advice - I've purchased a few things from China and had the same odd shipper - it will more than likely get to you.

6. macrumors 68000

bobr1952

Good point about the credit card. I've been burned that way before and it can take a year or more for that to happen. Needless to say, I don't use my card unless I have some confidence in how they bill. It is easy for someone to get that info, hang on to it or sell it. Fortunately it is easy to cancel your card too--just need to keep a close eye on transactions.

7. macrumors 6502

i love the misleading title. so you received a tracking number, along with a link of where to track it, but it hasn't been updated yet....

8. macrumors 6502a

jeez, spam or not, this whole situation from the beginning was handled so harshly.

9. macrumors 6502

oakie

misleading isnt how i would describe it. more like libelous.

pretty lame when virgin internet shoppers allow their anxiety to post libelous things about a company that has yet to actually do anything wrong. i highly recommend changing your thread title until the company has actually done something to warrant your disapproval.

10. armanjt, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

macrumors newbie

11. macrumors regular

I can understand her concern. I live in the same city as NNC but wanted to visit their company before I spent any money. I've had too many years of experience in China. I shipped one of their products to Denmark and I've checked at least 8 times over the last 2 days to make sure that it left. Once this one goes through I will let my friends order from them and use them to send some gifts to my clients.

12. macrumors regular

I just checked and you can track your packages. Here is what Swisspost.ch shows - Sat 29.01.2011 16:01 Arrival at border point of country of mailing. The Chinese New Year holidays started a few days ago so that might have caused a delay. :)

13. thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I am very happy that they really shipped them :) but nothing is happening. I just checked and the Swiss Post message is the same. They seem to be stuck there. :confused: Does anyone know why?

14. macrumors G4

Perhaps this is a basic question, but are you located in Switzerland? If not, I'd be a bit suspicious if they are shipping through Swisspost. It could make things more difficult to track if they are going through multiple countries.

Anyway, I've purchased cheap knockoffs from China for some throwaway items (e.g. USB cables that receive limited use), but generally if someone is charging $2.42 for something that others are charging $20 for, there's a reason.

That said, I don't really see the need for a keyboard protector for the late 2010 MacBook Airs. The keys seem well put together, and I had very little wear even on the Rev B that I had for 2 years. This is in contrast to many PC keyboards. Apple does use higher quality materials for many of its components.

15. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I am not sure about the swisspost.ch ... sounds suspect.

I would think this would go through HongKong Post which is very much legit.

16. thread starter macrumors member

My problem is I like to snack while using my computer. I really need something to keep the keys clean and prevent bits of food getting trapped under my keys. :eek:

I don't think this is a knock off. They advertise it is made by Xskn and I did a bit of research on Google before I bought it. That brand has a good reputation. I would be disappointed if it was a knockoff. :mad:

Have you ever had anything sent by Swiss Post?

17. thread starter macrumors member

They did not give that option. Suspect does not sound good. :eek:

18. macrumors G4

Yes... when I was visiting Switzerland and had things shipped back to me. I'd be very suspicious of packages sent through a post office in a country other than the shipper's or recipient's.

19. thread starter macrumors member

You kind of scared me when you said it might be a knockoff. I just checked Xskn contact us and NonameChina contact us and it is the same person behind both companies.

20. thread starter macrumors member

:eek::eek:

21. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

as for swisspost.ch ... the dot ch stands for a Chinese domain name

OP ... I would not worry too much as you will probably receive the cover eventually and it will most likely serve the purpose you are looking for.

my guess is you will be glad it was cheaper than the over-priced ones people waste their money on.

22. macrumors G4

CH is the country code for Switzerland (Confederation Helvetica). I think Swiss Internet addresses end in .ch. For example, yahoo.ch goes to the Swiss Yahoo site.

23. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Thank you for letting me know ... I do stand corrected on the dot ch :cool:

24. macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Wasn't ChinaAzzi the spammer or scammer something like that form yesterday? He made posts advertising his products in the forums which were taken down and then in response given negative responses from the community? I'm pretty sure I was there.

25. macrumors G4

As they might say in parts of Switzerland, "vous avez raison." :)