CBS's & maybe Kerry's legal issue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Sep 21, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

We all know now what most knew weeks ago. The documents were not typed on a non-existent typewriter.
    What are we learning?
    Well burkett wanted to talk to the kerry campaign, they (the kerry folks) wouldn't return his calls. Burkett told cbs he could help'em blow the gasket off the NG thang but only if cbs would help him talk to the kerry gang. (the kerry gang had looked at this guy before and wouldn’t touch him)
    CBS wanted ex LtGov Barnes to go on TV telling that he gave W the jump over everyone as a favor to a friend. It has been said that Barnes would not go on if he was going to be the only part of the story that he wanted them to have more than just him. This timing of the story is unusual cause the “fortunate son” ad campaign was also to begin on the 14th (coincidence/or planned) and 60 minutes regular season wouldn’t start for 2 more weeks.
    HERE is the question the conspiracy types have, did lockhart or others ok the phone call to burkett to help cbs get a slime story on a major network? It wouldn't probably be a big deal except that the documents are slanderous frauds, ergo.....did the kerry campaign unwittingly or not, help/enable cbs to commit an election fraud?
    Lockhart was very believable today, he mentioned that they (he and burkett) did not talk about the documents but other items. Very well and good, I believe that is true too. But what lockhart hasn’t said is this......did he finally talk to a guy he knew to be a nutt case, and hadn't returned his previous calls, to enable cbs to run an anti-bush story (that was built on fraudulent documents) to coincide with their fortunate son campaign.
    msnbc msnbc 2

Please post in a civilized manner. This is not just my thoughts, these are thoughts of many who want to know more. There is no proof at this time that lockhart majically decided to talk to the nuttcase to help cbs's agenda that helped his own.
    But remember this, early on kerry staffers said they never talked to anyone at cbs either, and that story has changed.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Stu, I don't mean to downplay the importance or legitimacy of these issues, but do you not think that we as citizens should be concentrating on perhaps more important and relevant issues - like Iraq, or the Deficit, Health care or Job Creation?

This is not a play to try and get CBS (or Kerry) off the hook, but regardless of who you wish to vote for in November, shouldn't National discussion move on to those things which affect us in a more tangible manner?

I guess that I will borrow a famous campaign slogan..."where's the beef?"

Sorry to hijack the thread, but shouldn't all of us be a little alarmed that we have gone through a tumultous and contentious four years and are not discussing anything about that period?

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

That is not hijacking the thread, and the issues you mention are vital and are being discussed. DON"T be sorry. I understand your thoughts, and they are pleasantly convied.
    I am interested in this and thought some others would be too.
    Some might not understand the reason that this is getting hours of playtime on msnbc, cnbc, cnn, and yes fox. Just thought I would recap. Thanks for your non-slam retort. :cool:

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ah yes, now we are getting to it.
    You know what, it could be, that will be the fun of unraveling this riddle.
    Don't discount rove......
    But I will stick with reading between the lines of what is actually being stubbornly admitted to. My right leanings say lockhart is compicant. But I am certain that little to nothing will come of it. Just good conspiracy fun.

5. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

wworry, why is the bit about Stone tacked on to the end of an assualt-ban article?

As for Roger Stone, some might remember him for the hand he had in the 2000 Election debacle in Florida. For those who don't, here is a link:
    http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/2000/1204/cover_riot.html

More recently, he was involved with the Sharpton Primary Campaign...see here:
    http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0405/barrett.php
    http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2004/02/03/sharpton/index_np.html

also, an article in his supposed meddling in the 2000 reform party ticket...attacking Buchanan of all people...interesting.
    http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0420/barrett.php

finally, here is an "overview" of Stone, for those who are lazier/efficiency-minded:
    http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Roger_J._Stone,_Jr.
    ...not that this proves any connection or validity to any potential involvement he might have had in "memo-gate"...it does raise an eyebrow, however...will keep an eye out...

comments?

6. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

This is getting TOOOOO silly.

So either:

1: We're dealing with a "lone gunman" partisan nutcase who forged the docs in a Montana mountain shack on a 486.

or

2: We're dealing with a longtime professional Republican partisan nutcase who fits neatly in with the rest of the formerly-Nixon crew in the Whitehouse who forged the Docs (badly) that seemed to damn his candidate of choice in an effort to pin the (badly) forged docs on the above nutcase and a supposed link between nutcase #1 and the Kerry campaign backed by the mere potential of a single phone call that may or may not have been facilitated by CBS?

Damn. I need a drink and some Vicodin after all that running around....

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Is it just me, or did the Bush camp have the same reserved but cavalier attitude about this whole "document" thing as they did when they found out they lost Florida.

In both cases, they were kinda like, "oh, really? Hmm, I guess we'll see... we're not worried about it" when (at least in Florida) they they were so sure they had the thing rigged and would have no worries at the end of the day.

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Gotta keep in mind that the Florida thing was effectively a setup. It was a Republican version of the "Briar Patch". Had Gore stopped to think for 30 seconds he would have asked for a whole-state recount and perhaps have had more success. As it was the Gore camp was manipulated into attempting an illegal recount.

just goes to show: When somebody's pissing you off.... Gotta ask: is there an alterior motive to the assenine behaviour?

see link for an example of the sort of assinine behaviour often used by Right-wingers as bait: http://joecartoon.atomfilms.shockwave.com/pages/gerbilbar/

caution: above link will offend nearly everyone.... particularly Gerbils, PETA activists and Stan from Southpark.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Found on DailyKos...

11. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Yo Mac-T!

I'll second that cynical view.

If I were to add up the total # of people killed due to Dubyaw bungling wars, foreing afairs, intelligence gathering, etc. and average it out... how many deaths a day has he caused in 4 years? Shall I extend it to 8 years and add in the Death Row inmates in Texas who were rubber-stamped to death? Shall I include the civilians in foreign countries including Spain and Indonesia?

It's incredible to me that this putz can simply say "we're winning" and the sheep flock to his murderous, self serving banner. Grrr.....

12. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Suit filed, story from here

13. wwworry macrumors regular

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:D Great stuff.