1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

CD Burner, and Itune

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by empereur, Oct 22, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello People, I have two questions:

1, I am new at Mac, I have a 12 inch 1 G that I just brought. I am using the CD burner, but I can't delete any files nor can I erase the CD to blank. I thought since there is no floppy disk, the CD burner substitute it. Please let me know what to do about using CD burner as a floppy disk which one can ad or delete files such as doc of word process. My assumption is that I have to buy burning softwares such as Nero.

2. I have a tough time to use Itune or Imovie. IE. I can't close the lip while listening to music, it goes to sleep automatically, and my imovie won't play any AVI movies, I guess it is only made to edite clips.

Finally, should I upgrade to Panther and to 1.0.8.2?

Thanks so much

2. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I hope this wll help you a bit:
    1) If you want to re-use a CD-R, you'll have to get a CD-RW (not just CD-R). A CD-RW (CD-Re-Writeable) can be erased, ready to be used again.
    2) iMovie is an application made to make video-editing easy, to edit home made movies. Not to play movies. QuickTime Player is the standard Apple movie player. Video Lan Client is a media player which can play almost all movies (AVI, DivX, MOV, MPEG, DVD...and so on).
    As for playing iTunes music while the lid is closed: I think the PowerBook always sleeps with the lid closed, due to heat issues. I'm not sure of this.... But the iBooks do the same thing.