CD Burning Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by sageenos, Jan 24, 2003.

1. sageenos macrumors member

I've been having problems with burning cds ever since I got my powerbook. I was able to burn some data to a cdr and retrieve it, and so I thought I had figured it out. Well, I tried burning some more data to the same cdr...and now it won't let me. I've tried everything I can think of, and I'd really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

// Seth A. Nason

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

3. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

mac os x doesn't have cd-r session capabilities built-in (at least i'm pretty sure) you might want to use toast or find a little freeware app that does it

4. Bear macrumors G3

Actually Mac OS X, at least 10.2 onward can do multisession.

5. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

actually you can use the disk copy application in at least as far back as x.1 by burning disk images and i think there may be some sort of preference you can set that allows you to multi-session burn.
    i am using x.2 and disk copy in x.2 is quite revised from x.1 so i can't really look and see.

read that thread that someone linked to earlier
    someone probably posted how to do it (making this post of mine entirely unneccesary)

6. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

actually you can use the disk copy application in at least as far back as x.1 by burning disk images and i think there may be some sort of preference you can set that allows you to multi-session burn.
    i am using x.2 and disk copy in x.2 is quite revised from x.1 so i can't really look and see.

read that thread that someone linked to earlier
    someone probably posted how to do it (making this post of mine entirely unneccesary)