CD Burning not working all of a sudden!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jahbuzzz, Jul 9, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Hi,
    if anyone can help me on this pretty soon that would be great! Need to burn some stuff soon and I am beginning to hate my Mac!

:mad:

So I do everything as normal, then it seems to burn it until an error comes up "The attempt to burn disc failed. The device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry"

Please help?? :confused:

Thanks

Dave

2. macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

How are you trying to burn the discs? Are you just using finder and burning files or iTunes and burning music?

3. thread starter macrumors member

Just iTunes and click on burn as normal.

Oh and when I put the disc back in it shows that there are tunes on it (unnamed) but if you try to play them iTunes freezes and you need to restart.

4. macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

I would try reinstalling iTunes and seeing if that works. Also try burning a CD with finder to see if the burner works there. Try to isolate the problem if you can.

6. thread starter macrumors member

7. thread starter macrumors member

It started to burn using Finder then it started "whizzing" and stalled after track 17. Very frustrating. :mad:

8. macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Dust in the superdrive can cause this error. I used a lens cleaning CD, but you can also use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out.

9. macrumors member

My optical drive died after a while. I have a MBP, and the drives are notorious for dying after time. Discs wouldn't mount, when they would things wouldn't burn, etc...

This could be a precursor to the drive dying. If thats the case, the best thing to do is take it to the Apple store and have them fix it. If you have apple care, that repair is free to you.

10. thread starter macrumors member

Sounds like my problem.... Not sure if I have apple care its been so long since I bought it... :confused: