CD burning problems!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kingnimrod, Feb 24, 2004.

1. kingnimrod macrumors member

CD/DVD burning SAGA - HELP!!!!!

OK, will try to keep this brief:

thought my external firewire CD burner was conking out because it was turning out a lot of disks that were messed up - audio cds that skip, data cds that won't mount on the main DVD rom drive, etc, so I replaced it with a pioneer dvr-a07 mounted in an external firewire case.

Data CDs burned in toast 6.0.3 mount fine on the burner, pc and powerbook but won't show up on the mac's main DVD rom drive. Audio CDs seem to play ok in stereo now... but here's the weird thing - older data CDs mount fine in the main drive, as well as music CDs...

What's going on here?? I can't seem to figure out why CDs won't mount on the main drive... I thought the issue was a bad burner, but the pioneer seems to be doing the same thing with data cds... or is it how the main drive reads them? HELP!!!!!

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Are you using 80-mn/700MB media? It's possible the DVD-ROM drive can't read the higher density media.

3. kingnimrod thread starter macrumors member

yeah, I am... but the dvd rom drive reads older 80 min discs fine ... any difference that would have popped up in the media in the last several months?

4. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I've heard some people talk about the color of the data side of the disc. They say that some colors are considered more compatible. I think the purple hue is the most stable.