CD/DVD label printing application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by x704, Apr 2, 2007.

1. x704 macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    Hi, I am mainly just looking for a way to line up a picture to the CD sticky part of the paper. Nothing fancy...

Also if I have a template for a CD label image, how do I change it slightly for a label?
  2. Keebler macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2005
    x...this just came up...forget under which topic. don't use labels...bad...bad ...bad..

search for posts by me and you'll find it (if a search by dvd label shows up blank).

dvd lasers run hot, therefore, a greater chance of the label coming off and even so slightly, can cause playability issues.

i had a client who wanted nothing on their DVD (i print directly). i said ok, but don't use a label.

guess what? she just came back to me about 9 months later...her brother finally watched his DVD, but it got stuck in their DVD player.... she tried to tell me i put the label on. wrong. i don't do that...remember you told me you were going to do that. her reply...oh ya...oops.

don't use them.
  3. JNB macrumors 604

Oct 7, 2004
    In a Hell predominately of my own making
    I've used an Epson Stylus R200 for a coupla years now - direct printing to (printable) CDs & DVDs. About a hundred bucks, or thereabouts. The software supports the Mac, at well. Fair to middling inkjet printer, does pretty decently on the occasional photo, as well.

Not anything exotic, but if I really want to label it, it's far better than a sticky paper label that WILL come off.
  4. x704 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    Ok, hmm... I do not really want to spend another $100 when I am a poor college student :( Anyway I will look into CD printers, I already have 100 printable CDs (they were a good deal at the time).

What if it is a CD that I just want to look nice and will only use a couple times?