CD/DVD's keep ejecting: Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Blind, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Blind macrumors newbie

May 28, 2004
    This is my 1st post, so, I hope I am making it in the right area.
    I have a problem w/my Powerbook: everytime I insert a DVD or CD it pops back out about 30 seconds after I insert it. The last time it worked, I watched a DVD and I ejected it by clicking the eject option that's visible w/the DVD Player (contrasted to physically pressing the eject next to F12). So... of course I just bought a printer & find I can't insert the installation disc, nor ant CDs or DVDs. Maybe someone knows a quick-fix (wishful thinking I know)! Erm... Help!

2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    Quit hitting the eject button :p, lol, i dont know why, maybe sumtin is caught?
  3. mbiogirlumd macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2004
    I'm having this problem too! Its really frustrating because I've done everything I could think of to fix it...reinstalled drivers, started up with a disk in the drive, etc. Does anyone have an idea what's going on?! :(
  4. JordanNZ macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    This happens on my computer... Found out the drive servo motor is pretty much dead now... After a year and a half.. I'm not happy.

Everything started going wrong with my powerbook as soon as the warrenty expired.

5. St Soichiro macrumors regular

Jun 30, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    I had the same thing with my PB about a month ago. Careful scientific examination showed a piece of paper that had been inserted in the drive loading slot by my 2 year old. :D
  6. -i2i- macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2004
    I have exactly the same problem! ITs really annoying but mine ejects after about 5 seconds. I don't think any think has been put in their though as it happened in the middle of a burning session. How did you get the paper out? Was it is a slot-loading drive?