CD Mounting Disappears!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sean7512, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I am running 10.4.1, and if there is a CD or DVD in the drive, it automatically mounts it on the desktop. However, when you utilize FUS it DISAPEARS off of the desktop!! It will only happen if you FUS to ANOTHER user than log out that user and go back into your name. Try it, my friend who has a Mini is alos experiencing it. In order to get it mounted again is to go into Disk Utility and manually mount it. That is the weird thing, Disk Utility sees the disk in the drive. Why does this happen? If you want to try it on your comp do the following...

1. Have a CD/DVD Mounted
    2. FUS to another user
    3. Log out of that user
    4. Return to your name

Now look, your CD/DVD is no longer mounted! It is just a very annoying bug, because I keep my Medal of Honor CD in, so everytime I play, I have to re-mount it :rolleyes: Any solutions??

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Yep did it on my G4 iMac running 10.4.1 and the disk utility brought it back. I'll go try the PB now

Edit********************

Same thing with my PB. Strange bug

3. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is quite an odd bug, I can't think of any reason on why it would do that. It doesn't make sense, it isn't like it could be doing that for security reasons...Hopefully 10.4.2 will fix this! I don't remember ever seeing this prior to 10.4.1 who knows, o well.