Cd-R And a Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cwedl, Sep 25, 2003.

1. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Just wondering a few things whilst I am waiting for my 12" powerbook to be made!

Have apple started shipping the 12" powerbooks??????

I am new to Mac and would like to know a few things.

1)With CD-R's (Not CD-RW's) in windows xp, I can burn files onto a CD, If I put that CD back into the drive will I be able to create another recording session on the same CD? without having to buy extra software.

2) Will I be able to create an exact copy of a CD? without having to buy extra software.

thank you

:)

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Jaguar doesnt support recording sessions neither does panther, you will need to buy toast which is an exellant program

i dont know about the second one but ill have to say yes

3. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

something may interest you as well... watch the speed that you are buring from the xp system, my friend gave me some 48x cdr and my powerbook read 50% of the cdr that he gave me... put it in an xp system.. 100% fine... i assume the drive from apple are not capable of reading high speed CDR and CDR/W.... dont waste your cdr...

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Use Firestarter FX. It supports multi-session CD-R's and you can make copies of CDs too. Plus it's free so you don't have to buy Toast.

I'm pretty sure this is right but if I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

5. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I recommend Toast, its a GREAT program that can do all of that stuff, apple should bundle a light version of it with their OS

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I think we should all let Apple know that we want to be able to add more files to our CDs.

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

x48 cd-r's work in my iBook and i burn them with my gf's XP machine.

Don't forget YuBurner at versiontracker either. That allows multisesson burns.

8. homeshire macrumors regular

ok, so i read this post more closely, and realized i wasn't getting it. sorry. :D