cd rom help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by tgourdin, Oct 7, 2003.

1. tgourdin
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Hey my friend gave me a ibook today with alot of disk's
    Now on a pc i can do anything but with a mac iam learning
    i turn the power on and it sits there with a pic of a disk with a question makr blinking and i go to open the cd rom and mabey i dont know how to but on the right side where it seems to be i push it and it wont open any ideas on what i might be doing wrong or just anything thanks you can email me @ tyler@wasatchcutlery.com as well thanks

2. mrjamin
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

mrjamin

Re: cd rom help

if its a snow iBook (all white) there's an eject button at the top right of the keboard (has a triangular arror pointing up and "f12" on it). Push that button and it'll open

You have some nice friends!

I suggest you get a book on Mac OSX (if you're using OSX). Some say they're not necessary but you appear to be struggling from the word go

3. tgourdin
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

:cool:
    Yea as son as i posted it i saw it on the right hand corner, and yea iam sorry it is a snow ibook when i start the computer it has a blank page and shows a lil disk with a question mark in it then i let it load well it gives me a sorry a system error has occurred *bus error* hold down the shift button and restart well i turn off the extensions and let it lad and i get the same error with all the disks he gave me i used to play with a mac but it has been a while any help would be great mabey a reinstall or how to i dont know

*one lost soul*

4. mrjamin
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

mrjamin

sounds more like a hardware problem so a reinstall won't help