CD singles to go 'in three years'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Jan 15, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Good, the singles chart (in the UK at least) is a waste of time :rolleyes: It's the album chart and sales that are the mark these days IMO.
  3. superfunkomatic macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
    calgary, ab canada
    maybe this will further encourage the legal purchasing and sales of music online. i'm not sure why record companies are taking so long - no distribution costs, no printing costs, no packaging costs with still the same margin. in canada, the average cd is 15-18 dollars, cd singles around 10-15 dollars. at 1 dollar per song downloaded - i'm no math whiz but they'd make more money! maybe it's just all politics and control issues.
  4. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
    and about bloody time too!

i stopped buying cd singles oooh, about 10 years ago! i never understood why you'd buy a single for $5 or more when you can buy the album for twice that if you shop around.

if you want the remixes that appear on singles, buy the 12" vinyl! if it's not published on vinyl, well, that just tells me that the song is sh*te and doesn't deserve to be bought... :)
  5. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i never bought a single...ever, i think the concept is retarded, especially now when u realize 5 songs on a cd that is capable of 15...and your paying about half or a third for a couple of songs