cd stuck in superdrive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by luigi1962, Nov 16, 2006.

1. luigi1962 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm at a loss here - my cd got stuck in the superdrive of my ibookG4.I followed the procedure mentioned in the ibook user manual but nothing happened. What do you suggest?
    Thanks.:eek:

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

What procedure did you follow? Have you tried rebooting while holding down the mouse button? That usually works for me. Or opening iTunes and hitting the eject button sometimes works even if it doesn't see the disk.

3. luigi1962 thread starter macrumors newbie

cd stuck in superdrive

Yes, I tried all the steps you mentioned. I went to an apple store (in Italy) and the guy told me to open the computer by taking it a part. :confused:

4. Quboid macrumors 6502

I was is a similar situation before. I know this may sound crazy, but it worked for me. I realise that when i pushsed the eject button, the cd would start comming out, stop and then go back in (if thats not the case with you , dont do what i am going to tell you now). I used a phone card, but anything thin and flat woult work, you push the card (or page, or what ever you will use) slightly(about half way, depending on the lenght) into the drive's slot(try you best to hold it to the top of the slot) and hit the eject button. The Cd would then start to come out and stay there as the card would pry and therefore trap it. Then all you do is carefully pull the card out and the cd comes out with it. Did it on mine and my freinds computer before......good luck.