CD won't eject?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andysc, Feb 22, 2007.

1. andysc macrumors regular

andysc

Hey guys,

My problem is that the CD will not eject. Holding down the eject button does not work; also, trying to eject through mac osx will not work either. No manual eject button doesn't help either. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. sabor macrumors regular

sabor

I hate that sh*t in OS X...truly annoying. When that happens, reboot and as soon as you hear the startup chime, keep the mouse button pressed.

If you do not want to restart, you might want to launch Toast and select Eject...it is truly annoying.

3. andysc thread starter macrumors regular

andysc

will try the reboot method. will let you know in a minute. thanks.

4. andysc thread starter macrumors regular

andysc

Finally! Thanks again!!!! I had spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure it out myself.

5. pgamet macrumors newbie

I've had the same thing happen lots of times

Way frustrating. Sometimes the disk is making all kinds of grinding noises and I've got a brand new IMac. I usually force quit iTunes. Then I need to click eject a bunch of times. Sometimes I use the remote to start music then get back out and that helps.

Bummer for us.

6. andysc thread starter macrumors regular

andysc

Yeah, sometimes I wish Apple would have a simple manual eject button on the side. Would make it a lot easier.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Ugh, my MBP is grinding away at CDs too. I've stopped using the drive until I can get it replaced (I plan to do so next week).

8. andysc thread starter macrumors regular

andysc

After I leave a CD in my iMac drive and access it for a bit and then take it out, it is very hot...is this normal? I'm afraid that the superdrive will overheat in the near future.

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Another thing you can do that has never failed me is use the eject button in itunes. Don't ask me why...but for some reason that button will succeed where the normal eject doesn't.