Cd won't load properly into itunes?? HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lil tiger, Jan 15, 2006.

1. lil tiger macrumors member

I got the Melissa O'Neil CD for christmas, (Sony BMG) and when I insert it into the cd drive, it will launch it's own program and play perfectly on that. BUT, when I open it in itunes, it plays like it's scratched to hell. I tried transferring it to the ipod, hoping it would play normal.. no luck. Any advice on how to fix this?? If Sony is making their cds not able to work with itunes, I sure as hell will never buy another one!!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Are you doing this on a PC by any chance?

If so, try holding down the Shift key when you insert the CD and keep holding it down for about 5-10 seconds after the disk is inserted.

3. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Could this be a side effect of one of Sonys evil copy protection schemes?

Personally I'm boycotting CD's and DVD's where possible. I object to Region coding, copy protection, prices and the general economics that mean the artists get very little.

4. lil tiger thread starter macrumors member

I am doing it on a PC. and I thought that worked for a second!! But it didn't :( It did prevent the cd's software from opening though.. Thank you though :)

And TMA, that is what I've been thinking, but I thought maybe it was just me not knowing what to do or something.

5. blackstone macrumors regular

Here's the list of Sony titles that have SunnComm MediaMax DRM:
    http://www.sonybmg.com/mediamax/titles.html

...and here's the list of Sony titles that have First4Internet XCP DRM:
    http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/titles.html

Sony sucks...