CDMA vs GSM Screen replacement iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clipse79, Oct 6, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I ordered a gsm version on ebay and the fool sent me one marked cdma. Is there any difference? The cracked screen/digitizer looks identical to the one I got. I cannot find a 100% answer so I come to the experts, you guys!

The phone I got is from Telus....

TYIA

2. Gav2k, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

There the same

Edit my bad read thread title not thread as such

3. dominion155, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

macrumors member

the GSM and CDMA are just different radios/networks for the phones (aka, some wireless providers have different radios)

They should work perfectly fine together, as the body of every iphone is the same, regardless of carrier.

4. macrumors P6

Intell

The iPhone 4 CDMA screen is different from the GSM screen and will not fit. The pins and screw holes are different and do not line up. Internally, the two iPhone 4 models are designed slightly differently besides the wireless chip.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I am wondering if what I was sent is labeled wrong then. The mounts on the old screen are identical. I tried to find a side by side cdma and gsm picture but cannot. The cables look the same length and in same spot.

6. macrumors P6

Intell

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Well then this is either labeled wrong or the Telus iphone I got is CDMA. Not sure if they released a CDMA version, I thought they were all GSM. If I lay the screen I got on to the casing it matches perfectly.

My concern now is if the motherboard reads the cdma and gsm screens differently.

8. macrumors P6

Intell

See if it has a SIM slot. If it does, it's a GSM phone. If it doesn't it's a CDMA phone.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

yup its there.....

10. macrumors P6

Intell

You have a GSM iPhone 4 then. Or you mistakenly have an iPhone 4S, but that is highly unlikely. Count the antenna breaks, three is an iPhone 4. Four breaks is an iPhone 4S.

11. thread starter macrumors regular

It is a 4, just based on model number