CDPlayer.ini

Discussion in 'macOS' started by juhani, Mar 31, 2005.

1. juhani macrumors member

juhani

Again thread connected to Windows but what can I do...

Last night when I was in the middle of cleaning my home folder and categorizing my files first time after switching, I found an old file called 'cdplayer.ini' which I had stored back in Windows times. Perhaps you know that this file holds some information about one's audio CD's that had been in one's machine. So is there any way to use this file in OS X so that I wouldn't need to type in all those CDs' names of my pretty huge CD collection.

Thanks in advance
    j.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

There is no easy way to do that, no.
    But, are you talking about getting CD names into iTunes? Because instead of typing them all in, you can go up to Advanced -> Get CD Track Names, and it will get the data off The Internet.

Lee Tom

3. juhani thread starter macrumors member

juhani

Yeah.. I knew you would suggest that. The problem is that I still don't have an internet connection at home with my Mac.

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Well, if it's the Powerbook in your signature, I suggest going to a Cafe with Internet and just getting all the track names while you're there. It'll be way easier than trying to transfer the data from cdplayer.ini into a format that iTunes can read.

5. juhani thread starter macrumors member

juhani