Cebu-Film School

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DaveMatthews, Jan 22, 2006.

1. DaveMatthews macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2006
    whats up guys,im new here...well i just have to share my experience when i visited Cebu (Philippines) ,during their Sinulog festival...and while i was there a friend of mine showed me around in this new film school bigfoot is putting up there! i was blown away! and they will shoot a film in Cebu and allow the best students to work on it! and they're offering workshops for editing and they teach the basics of "mac" as well...the school's name is IAFT (international academy of film and television) if im not mistaken! ::D
    i cant wait to get out of navy and study film making cebu! who wouldnt want to study in paradise!!!

well im leaving the website add so u guys can check it out as well...
  2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

May 7, 2002
    2 Much Infinite Loops
    thank god they are into film and not into website creation.

that site sux (design-wise).
  3. Lazyhound macrumors regular

Jul 19, 2005
    If you don't take up eskrima while you're there, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND PINCH YOU SO HARD.
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Good luck with it. I'm not sure it's paradise but I bet it still looks pretty good in person.

The website isn't really bad but everyone has an opinion. :)

Here are a couple of others that may be judged, too:

I wonder how many creative schools like these produce great filmmakers.
  5. daneayl macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2008
    Well, I’m finding that my English degree and Film Diploma does nothing for me career wise, and I want to work in the creative industries from the corporate side. I want to spend a year studying part time to get a marketing qualification, because I think that’s a business skill that can be transferred over the arts/media quite well. But I don’t know what level/type of qualification would be realistic.