cell phone and address book

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ja Di ksw, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

So I'm finally breaking down and getting my first cell phone. Yeah, yeah, I know.

Anyway, I'm going with Cingular, and wondering if anyone knows of a cell phone that sync's with Address Book from OS X. Bluetooth would be nice, but not needed at all. I don't really need / want an expensive phone that does tons of things. Just good reception/sound quality, decent interface, and can stay current with the info I keep on my PowerBook fairly easily. I don't care about camera/IM'ing/e-mailing from it, etc etc.

Thank you

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Through Cingular, you're better off getting a phone with Bluetooth to sync with the computer. Most cell phone companies and providers will make you pay for a connectivity package with the USB cable and other software that usually won't work on a Mac, but if you have Bluetooth on the phone Cinuglar doesn't cripple that like Verizon does. So yea, go for Bluetooth. I'm making sure my next phone - hopefully a Treo - has it.

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

But just having bluetooth doesn't guarantee it will work with Address Book, does it?

4. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

No it does not garuntee compatibility with Address Book. Take a look at Apple's supported iSync phones.